1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? I have improved and learnt more of Adobe Photoshop software; and have become adept and using it swiftly and efficiently. I have developed a lot better research techniques and have used them to improve my work through looking at my contemporaries. I have learnt that commitment and planning are key to success in graphic design and i have been lacking on those. This is a serious problem that i need to work on in the future. I have learnt more about the subtleties of identity design and how to apply them. I could of explored more options in my design and documented them, another thing i have got to change for my design process.
2. What approaches to generating work and solutions to problems have you developed and how have they helped? I have learnt to explore research a lot more on this project to help me inform my work and i have benefited greatly from this. By looking at what other people are doing in graphic design today i can try and move my work to the same standard. A wide net of research also allows me to create more appropriate imagery to fit in with the marketplace in which its aimed.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? I have decent computer image manipulation skills and i have a good eye for what looks right and what looks wrong. I will continue to enhance my computer skills, and improve in software such as illustrator where i dont have as much experience. I think my work it appropriate to the briefs and answer them reasonably well. If i worked out my motivation issues i could create some good quality work.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully? There are many weaknesses in this work. I need to explore more options and document them. My design process could do with a lot of work with showing all the different ideas and compositions i worked through. I could of explored and expanded each section of the project more. I could of improved my time management and committed more readily to a good schedule and documenting it; plan my days so more work was done and i didnt get lost in one project for too long. I needed to commit more time to the project and not get distracted or disheartened.
5. Identify five things that you will do different next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? More commitment to the project. I found it hard to motivate myself to complete tasks and i didnt connect well with the college environment. A lot better time management. I tended to do bursts of work for a few days then a few days of nothing. This was very poor time management and i need to keep schedules and stick to them. More documentation of work. I lack good documentation of my design stages and i tended not to show the various permutations my designs went through to get to the final product. More expansive exploration of work. I tended to get stuck down one path a lot of the time and not adequately explore my options and decisions. Better presentation of end results. My designs could of been presented and realised better to see them in their best light.